China is one of the enigmatic countries in the world. Chinese citizens got unique refinements and technology for their own. Most of them are very different from other countries. So some of the Chinese people’s lifestyles make us bizarre. China almost makes us amazed in many ways. The recent wonderful thing is the new hospital which is made within 8 days. Any other country can’t get around China with technology or any other facilities. Now it’s time to look around China for surprising things that you never heard before.
1. Dogs’ flesh for summer eats
The first fact might be disgusting for you and it makes you sad. Chinese citizens celebrate the summer season with eating dogs. Mostly southwestern people doing this. It is incredible to hear that they kill above 10,000 dogs for the summer season. The main reason is they believe that it brings good luck for the country.
2. Unbelievable cigarettes consumption
Most Chinese citizens are addicted to smoking and running fast to lung cancers. China has about 300 million people and every two seconds, 50 thousand cigarettes are smoked. This is reported by WHO and also it says the cigarette production of China is 42% of the world’s cigarettes.
3. The dam that affects earth rotation
The world’s largest dam belongs to China which has the capacity to hold over 35 cubic kilometers of water. The magic thing is it can slow the earth’s rotation!
4. The month of rest for mothers after giving birth
Every Chinese lady should rest on the bed for a month after giving birth. They called it “sitting the month” and it is compulsory for every mother. They shouldn’t walk, drinking cold water and taking a shower during those 30 days.
5. People who have lives in caves
You won’t believe that there are nearly 30 million Chinese citizens live in caves. You might seem it a little bit harder but they are happy with their lifestyles.
6. Unbelievable virginity reforming surgery
Without shame, China women throw money to doctors for reconstructing their hymens before marriage. From that surgery, no one can find out about their early dealings.
7. Stand with chin up
You know that the training for Chinese soldiers is the hardest one all over the world. There are a lot of different things in training between China and other countries. They should put a pin in their uniform collar during the training to avoid their chin from moving.
8. No need hospitals for plastic surgery
Chinese people have an amazing chance to have plastic surgeries by social networks. There is a social networking platform called Beijing-based which can share surgery experiences and contact surgery clinics.
9. Uncommon insect as a pet
Nowadays most people have pets such as dogs, cats, parrots or rabbits. But in China, there is an uncommon insect that kids are used to raising as a pet. They have cricketers as their pets. Not only as pets but also there are some fighting sports in China by using cricketers.
10. Disgusting eggs boiling method
Believe it or not, Chinese people have a tradition of eating eggs that are boiled in the urine of ten years old boy. They believe that it helps to have a healthy blood circulating system.
11. KFC in a different name
In China, you can find original KFCs and also KFGs. KFG sells KFC lookalike food without any legal problem. This also happened to Adidas and Starbucks so you’ll find many fake brands that run in different names.
12. China’s contribution to San Francisco’s pollution
China not only plays a big role in the technical field but also in the pollution filed. China is the main character of pollution in San Francisco. Environmental Science and Technology said that the main reason for pollution is collecting dust by traveling from China over the Pacific.
13. Testing make-ups from animals
China people use animals to test cosmetics. But they can’t use them for every product and also they should do it under the law.
14. China has invented toilet papers but didn’t use
Although China has invented the toilet papers in 851 AD, they didn’t use it because they couldn’t afford it.
15. If it weighs more, it’s a good book
Most expensive books have shiny, thick pages and attractive covers but in China, it doesn’t. They measure book quality by its weight. If you want to buy a good book from China, first you need to weigh it!
- The world’s biggest pig population belongs to China. It has half of the world’s pigs and annually they killed about one million pigs for Chinese bacon.
- If you are a Chinese man, you can’t meet your relatives regularly. They call it “Elderly Rights Law“, but most of Chinese don’t like this mandatory law.
During the winter season, Chinese citizens are used to observing the sunset at midnight.19. Sharable huge pandas
China’s government follows a different procedure to make goodwill and friendship with other countries. They give pandas for rent and earn millions of dollars for one year. The reason for the procedure is that there are decreasing numbers of pandas in the world.
20. China loves skyscrapers so it has over 300 skyscrapers around the country
- If you are planning to have a holiday in China, you should take toilet paper with you always. Because most of the toilets in China haven’t got toilet papers in them.22. Terrifying marriage tradition
- No one wouldn’t know that the word “ketchup” comes from a Chinese word, “ke-tsiap”. It means pickled fish sauce in Chinese.
- Gift accepting method
Chinese people believe that it would be rude to take a gift without refusing first. So they decline two or three times before accepting a present.
- We can see the sunrise at about 6.00 a.m. or around that time in our country. But some regions of China, really see the sunrise at 10.00 a.m.
- When Chinese people want to get reincarnation, they should get permission from the Chinese government.
- Common Chinese food with an uncommon name
You’ll think that China is a dangerous country after hearing the name of that dish. They call it “Husband & Wife Lung Slices” but it really made by beef slices.
- In China, people can recognize married or unmarried ladies with their hairstyles.
- There are many white dolphins in China called “Indo-Pacific Humpbacked dolphins”. At birth their skin color is white but it turns to pink when they grow up.
- China’s government banned Playstation because they want Chinese children to focus on education.
- When you are in a crowded place in China, you can see most of the men that are carrying bags or purses for ladies. Not only in China but also in many Asian countries’ people don’t let ladies carry weight.
- Army-trained China pigeons
Using pigeons is an ancient method of delivering messages. China has improved it and train pigeons for the army. The army-trained pigeons are smarter than domestic ones. An airport expert in China said that they use those pigeons for special military missions.
- You can be a bra expert and obtain a job in that field in China. If you are interested in bras, you also get a degree at Hong Kong’s Polytechnic University.
- Successful business parties with alcohol
If you are a party lover, you’ll also love this tradition in China. They believe that it is more successful with drinking alcohol during business parties with the boss and other partners.
- As you know, China has the largest population above 1.4 billion. So it is possible to China has the biggest army all over the world. The Chinese government also increased army trainers by 10% last year.
- Long-term New Year celebration
While the rest of the world celebrates New Year for only one or two days, Chinese people celebrate New Year for 15 days. Every Chinese employer has public holidays during this celebration.
- China people should watch the news for 30 minutes every day. Even if they are watching another program, they have to watch the news because it telecasts on every channel during those 30 minutes.
- World-famous game; football was invented by China, 2200 years ago.
- Facebook is banned in China. You couldn’t believe this but it’s totally true that Facebook is banned in China since 2009. So China people should use unique Chinese apps to communicate with people.
- China hasn’t any set system for checking the capability of movies for different age groups. So now they start a committee of 36 members and they cut down the unsuitable scenes from the movies.
- More than 78% of software that Chinese people installed was pirated in 2010.
- If you want to have fat-rich food in a Chinese restaurant, you have to wear gloves while eating.
- This might make you laugh because China was banned the “Alice in Wonderland” once, due to a strange reason. They thought that it was contempt for humans because animals are acting like humans.
- An unpopular city which is full of socks
There is a city called Datang which is known as the sock city. It is a suitable name for that because it produces about 70% of China’s socks and 30% of the world’s socks.
- The Chinese first reveal the blood pumping theory throughout the body. They improved it and now they have technologies to make an artificial human heart.
- The world’s longest railway tracks belong to China.
- China celebrates the most expensive summer Olympics. You might not believe that the cost for the hosting games was about $40 billion.
- The male population of China has outnumbered women by nearly 32.66 million.
- Chinese citizens believe bat is a symbol of luck.
- The first green bean flavored popsicles are made by China. They made it with cubic milk, red and green beans.
- Ancient China people believe that mirrors can protect their owners from the devil.
- According to legends, Chinese citizens believe that phoenix represents the empress of feminine power.
- The practice of concubinage is controlled in China since 1949.
- Chinese people represent every year by a zodiac animal.